Privacy Notice (also known as “Fair Processing Notice”)
Data Controller: U Drive Cover Ltd, Grosvenor House, 4-7 Station Road, Sunbury, Middlesex, TW16 6SB
Contact for queries: Tel: 0333 400 1060
How will we use the information you give us?
We will only use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reason, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe easily at any time.
If we have to transfer information to a third country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies. If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
What type of personal information do we need?
• We may need personal details which might include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education.
• We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy.
What other types of information do we need?
• Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Race or Origin, Gender, Religion, Health, Politics, Genetics, Trade Union Membership, Sex or Sexual Orientation.
• We might also need details of criminal convictions.
• We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
• We may gather it from information you submit to a website, by telephone, face to face or by email.
• We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, introducers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
How do I request a copy of all personal information held by U Drive Cover or its partners?
You are able to request a copy of all the information held by U Drive Cover and its partners by completing the following form. Please click here.
Please note that all requests for information held by U Drive Cover will be processed within 10 working days. Any of our partners will have their own timelines and will respond to yourself directly.
What are my legal rights?
• You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 11132.
• You have the right to ask us to correct information.
• You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
• You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.