Privacy Notice (also known as “Fair Processing Notice”)
Data Controller: U Drive Cover Ltd
Contact for queries: 0333 400 1060
Address: U Drive Cover Ltd. Grosvenor House, 4/7 Station Road, Middlesex, TW16 6SB
How will we use the information you give us?
Before we process your application for an insurance policy, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal information about you and any named persons on your insurance policy. We will only use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites, fraud prevention agencies and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reason, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe easily at any time.
When we and fraud prevention agencies process your personal data, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity in order to protect our business and insurers to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the service you will be provided.
We, and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent fraud or crime.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different period of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for a period of up to 6 years. If we or a fraud prevention agency determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide you an insurance policy, cancel or void. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies and may result in others refusing to provide you services, financing or employment. If you have further questions, please contact us on the details above.
What type of personal information do we need and what we share?
- We may need personal details which might include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education.
- We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy.
What other types of information do we need?
- Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Race or Origin, Gender, Religion, Health, Politics, Genetics, Trade Union Membership, Sex or Sexual Orientation.
- We might also need details of criminal convictions.
- We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
- We may gather it from information you submit to a website, by telephone, face to face or by email.
- We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, introducers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
If we have to transfer information to a third country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies. If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
What are my legal rights and how to request my information?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 1113.
- If you would like to request a copy for information held by U Drive Cover ltd or any of our fraud prevention and data verification partners please fill in the following form. Please note that our partners have various timescales on responding to your request . This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.